A paper bag is a very interesting and profound poem. It is at first a nostalgic story of the childish and nostalgic memories of the poet making a Halloween costume out of a old sheet and a paper bag. Then there is a transition from the reality to symbolism of that costume. Now that the reader looks back at that memories she finds a deeper meaning which I think is that she wishes every once and a while she can put on a paper bag and become someone else
I have had that experience once before. It was from an old nickname I had which was poopy-head. My dad then sat me down and told me that it had a good meaning to it, which symbolized myself as a good fertilizer, so that I can be a benefit to the people ahead of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment