Friday, September 4, 2009

Clue 1

Killer Angels

This book focuses on the famous bloody Civil War battle, Gettysburg. From changing perspectives of Union to Confederate to Union to Confederate, the writer takes the story of each side. This book taught me a lot about the realities in war, and the way of the American 19th century man. I did not have much to connect with in this book, because I have never fought in a war, or had been in a situation as rough as in the Civil War. In the Civil war brothers separated by the slavery border had to fight each and close friends such as General Armistead from the south and General Hancock from the north. And currently I am separated from friends and family back in China, it may not be to the point that I have to kill them like in the war, but it still showed me one thing about the world. Although it sounds flawed and just pessimistic, it is almost every time true, that the world splits apart friends and children are meant to separate from their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment