Sunday, September 13, 2009
Clue 3
What I chose for the theme of the short story “The Utterly Perfect Murder” is this: Revenge kills. The reason why I used the word kills is because of the symbolism I found in the story. The symbolism takes place when Doug goes to Underhill’s house to take revenge for all of his bullying. The gun that he takes and the chant: “Bang…Bang…Bang” makes me choose the theme for this story: Revenge kills. Revenge has never killed me before, however in my life I have been a victim of revenge. It was a negative 15 degree winter day and all of us 3rd through 6th graders were out on the field during recess. I was just an innocent 3rd grader and I dared to throw a snowball at one of the mighty 5th grader I didn’t like. Before I knew it I got kicked to the ground. With my puffy yellow jacket on I must’ve felt nothing, but I still cried. This experienced didn’t hurt me as much as to almost kill me, but left a stain like an old bullet wound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment